Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Good morning, bad afternoon

Today was gorgeous. I had to get up and get my parking volunteers started since today was the final craft sale. The men in the park have been very helpful all season. I remembered that I had a sweeper and my old set of golf clubs to sell, so I came home and got them. I almost just skipped the process but didn't. I thank God because I hardly got them displayed before they were sold. I got exactly the price I wanted in no time. I also got my free lunch for being a volunteer. Each volunteer receives a free lunch or breakfast. I always get two sandwiches and bring them home. We don't know when we will eat them. We had lunch of left over chicken and potato salad from Sunday. I went to Mid Valley golf course to play golf with Ray at 2:00. We should have turned around after the first shot and gone home. We continued, however, and things did not improve. I was able to birdie one hole but did little else right. A small part of the problem might have been the new clubs I have. They are just a bit longer than the old ones, so I may have had some adjustment problems. At least that could be a small part of the problem. I returned home for dinner of what we call no nothin' soup because people on Weight Watchers are not charged any "points" when they eat it. Evelyn went off to her Tuesday evening Bible study, and I stayed here to work on tweaking Sunday's sermon. It is too long, and I must find some way to pare it down. I was ready to go to bed at 10:00 but remembered that I hadn't written this as yet. Now I am finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home