Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"...if I only had a brain!"--Scarecrow: Wizard of Oz

I walked about half my distance because I went to pay my green fees for golf this morning. I did shower before golfing because we wanted to go to Ash Wednesday service at noon. I tried to get someone to ride with me but ended up riding with a couple from Ontario. My game was worse than it has ever been. I nearly doubled up on a par three course. I certainly waste a lot or time and money playing this game. I don't think I am very smart to continue. After all, I was smart enough to give up deep sea fishing when I deduced I could get violently sick much cheaper if I wanted to. We had a beer after, and I came home for lunch. We went to the service that was very uninspiring. I am sure that some people make the same comment about my services. After we went to Elsa to get Evelyn’s new glasses. We arrived at their lunch hour so we wandered around HEB looking for bargains. We got the glasses and returned to the Weslaco Wal-Mart to inquire about their prices on her medication. We will have to wait until they have time. We came home to rest until 6 when we went to a Bible study. Mine was on Ecclesiastes 6&7. We also spent some time deciding where to contribute our tithe from the installment from Evelyn’s parent’s estate. We will give 1/8 of the amount to 8 different charities. We had low calorie soup for dinner and are trying to avoid eating so much. We also had to deposit the checks from the renters. We need to have the money to pay for our homeowner’s and our car insurance. I like to keep the money in Weslaco so I can pay it on line from wherever we are. Purdue lost to IU again. Perhaps they will be better next year when 3/5 of their now injured starters can play. I have the accompanist and the order of service planned for next Sunday. Tomorrow we go to a charity soup lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home