Saturday, September 06, 2014

A quick week with good news.

Our week has been normal except for Evelyn’s contracting a cold.  We did have some good news from 2 doctors: the dermatologist said we have basically cancer free skin and the urologist gave us hope that Evelyn’s thyroid is still pretty normal.  We praise God for that news.  Now we are still fighting the cold.  She spent most of Thursday after leading her final Bible study for the summer.  She was also the hostess but got through the morning while I played golf with my neighbor Gary.  Evelyn spent most of the day in bed Friday until we picked up Gary and Linda to go to Vincenzo’s restaurant in Asheville for dinner.  I had a coupon for $50 off our meal, but we had to spend $100.  We really enjoyed the meal and the music played by a friend from our ballroom dances.  Another event of the week was a non event.  Everywhere around us has had great rainfalls.  We have had virtually none in the past week.  We also had a relaxing Saturday and I watched Purdue get whipped by Central Michigan.  Sadly we are scheduled to host 8 people next Saturday when Notre Dame will crush them.  I hope everyone has a good time eating the chili and drinking the beer.  I did learn that the golf course I often played in Texas has closed for good.  It was the course we liked a lot because we could walk it.  I may have to give up golf—something I should probably have done several years ago.  God is good, all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home