Saturday, September 12, 2009

good news from the wound care center

Friday Evelyn wakened early worried about getting the dusting done for the party. Before 7 we had begun. By 10 we were finished. I dusted the high parts and treated the top portions of the cupboards. She worked on the bedrooms. She had to leave to go to the community college to get a haircut at 10:30. I stayed here and vacuumed the floors and used the leaf blower to clean the carport. I confirmed our date with Casterlines and made plans to play golf with Phil at 1:30. I also heated the last of our hamburgers and prepared for us to eat lunch. Evelyn returned looking good but had an interesting experience. The girl who was to cut her hair had missed the class on the instructions so the instructor cut most of her hair. She was not disappointed but the student was. She didn’t get to do anything. After lunch, Evelyn took me to the golf course and went on to the wound care center. The Lord blessed her in that she didn’t have skin picked off and the nurse said she could take a shower and get the wound wet. She must wear the compression stocking for 2 more weeks but might be able to stop going for appointments. I had another lousy round of golf. Phil brought me home, stayed for one beer and left me to take a shower. We had planned to meet Casterlines in Maggie Valley, but they had eaten Italian food for 3 nights running so we went to Hardee’s for hamburgers. We went up to their cabin again to enjoy the peach pie Evelyn had baked for that purpose. They will be leaving Sunday so we won’t likely see them again for a long time. I was very tired from the walking golf (we played 15 holes) and nearly went to sleep while driving. We have more preparations for the spiral tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home