Monday, October 20, 2014

Weather and activity comparison.

It has been very cool here in NC during the mornings but bright most of the day in the afternoons.  This is quite a contrast to the weather we had in Puerto Vallarta a We wanted to begin buying gifts, and I needed a tank top to wear in the heat.  I had been very uncomfortable during our walk in Mazatlan.   Ironically, there was a shopping mall but it was not quite open yet.  Fortunately there was a Wal-Mart next door!  We walked there and found some clothes, including a tank top that turned out to be too small for me.  We didn’t learn this until days later.  We always made it back to the ship for our meals.  I joke that each one of the meals cost about $2500.  We were also in time for our afternoon nap.  The entertainer was from Kent, Oh.  He was a comedian/magician.  We didn’t stay for the entire act because he got a bit vulgar for us.  We later learned that he cleaned up the act after we left. 

Pacifico Brewery in Puerta Vallarta 2014-09-28 001

One of the interesting things we saw from our balcony was the Pacifico Brewery.  I had drunk some of their beer in our little border town in the Valley but didn’t realize that this company also brews the ever popular Corona.  I never cared for it as much as I like Negra Modelo but was surprised about the brewer of Corona.   Back to today, October 20, we had to go into town for some things I had forgotten to get at the CVS yesterday and some items we needed from Ingles Grocery.  We get some sort of discount coupon every week from CVS, but the staff knows us so well that they often give us the discount even after the coupon expires.  They are very good to us.  We then went to the grocery for orange juice and chicken thighs.  This particular grocery marks down the items about 2 days before the product exceeds the expiration date.  The orange juice is half price and so were the chicken thighs that expire tomorrow.  We had to ask for the discount but got it.  We went to exercise and then returned home for lunch and prepared the chicken and Andouille for our new gumbo.  I had to chop many of the vegetables and the meat.  I have become a danger to myself with the chopping of items.  I have nicked myself 4 times in the past 3 days.  I must have been overconfident since I had not cut myself during the past 3 years.  I have made up for lost time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home