Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Back to preaching

We have been here for nearly 3 weeks now and just got our unit washed today.  It was to have been done last week, but the man who does it, Bhudda, doesn’t work when it is cold.  It was in the 60s all last week.  It is good to have it done because 2 for sale advertisements come out this week.  We have been dancing only once since we arrived.  We did have to go to Mission to have some recall work done on our car.  We have been worshipping in McAllen, but my worship service began this past Sunday.  I like the pastor at Church of the King McAllen and have learned a great deal about the suffering that lies ahead of all Christians.  It is just beginning in the Middle East.  The pastor, Ron Smith, has a great talent in blending politics and Scripture.  We have been doing things with John and Sue Hamel when we aren’t working in the house or on my messages.  I have to print the Scripture readings, the order of service for us to follow, copy the Introit and prayers for the day.  I have to get these done ahead of time because John, our accompanist, needs to practice the hymns, so he has to have them a week ahead of time.  Evelyn caught a cold Saturday at a high school football game.  We had spent Thanksgiving with Don and Janice Waters and their son and grandchildren,  The oldest grandson plays guard on the local high school team that was still in the playoffs.  We agreed to go with them to the game Saturday.  It was a breezy day, and a germ must have blown into Evelyn.  She has been in bed all day, December 1. 

Evelyn watching TV 2014-12-01 001

This is Evelyn watching TV as I write this.  She has been like this all day  and has coughed much of the time she is awake.  I don’t know why the picture is blurry.  My message this past Sunday was well received.  Even Evelyn was blessed by it.  It has been very pleasant for us here despite the locals being cold.   It is supposed to rain tonight but will probably be light as is usual.  It is also supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow.   I sent several e-cards to friends on Thanksgiving but have not heard from any of them.  I wonder if my emails are getting to anyone.  I have also sent some birthday and anniversary e-cards without response adding to my suspicions. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home