Thursday, December 15, 2005

Cleaning up

We got up for the usual activities. We showered and then got ready to attack the world. I went off to the pharmacy and complained about the price of the preparation for the colonoscopy. After trips back and forth to the doctor, we were given a new prescription for a generic product. I then took my bicycle to French’s repair and left it for who knows how long. It was on to the motor home to get the mounting brackets that we have kept for several years and take them to Juan’s welding shop to see if he can put that set or build a different set for the Saturn. I know he has to take the front portion off the Jeep because the tow bar fits it. He said to call next week and bring the Saturn for him to look at. I then went to Mercedes to see if I could get a used tire to stop the shimmying of the front end. He didn’t have any but said some should come in this week. One tire to complete the set would be $15. I am doing this because I received a call from a man in Donna who wants to come to look at the Jeep tomorrow morning. He saw it on cars.com where I placed an ad yesterday. We sure hope he buys it. While I was gone, Evelyn picked up Bonny and went to the Christian Women’s Club luncheon. Bonny was impressed with the program. On the way home she invited us to join their family for Christmas dinner. We have just signed to attend the hall party and sit at a table with many others. We have to decide which way we want to go. Before she came home I vacuumed the car and got it real clean. She wanted me to play golf because the weather will be inclement for the next few days, so we went off to the Executive par 3 course. I played and she walked around with me. I didn’t play too badly and lost only one ball in some bushes. I shot a 41 which is good for me. But I came up 6 inches short on two putts, rimmed the cup on one and put a chip shot within two inches. Since those shots should have gone in, I decided not to count them, making my score 37 which is excellent for me. On the way home we went to the car wash and cleaned the outside. We came home and I made popcorn and we set out chairs up to watch the parade of bicycles and golf carts decorated for Christmas. We would have been in the parade but didn’t think we would have time to get to church after. The parade had more than 50 entries and was very entertaining. We then went in to get ready for church. Evelyn thought it started at 7:30 (it said this on the calendar) but I knew that the other two had been at 7 so we were late. After we got home I called Clay, the pastor’s son who gave me an idea as to what to get for our child we adopted from the church Angel Tree (a service of Prison Fellowship). The boy asked for a “personal music player” so we went to Wal-Mart to get one. The gift is supposed to be from his mother who is in prison, probably in Elsa. We came home and finished the evening as usual. We should have distributed medicine but

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home