Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday--perhaps published out of order.

Monday was eventful. We slept late and then walked before going to town to get a few items at the GO grocery. As usual we came out with much more than intended. One item was 2 oddly cut T-bone steaks. I thought they had been marked down to $1.59but the package said $3.99. After lunch I took it back to learn it had b een marked down from $4.99. I returned home after getting 3 other items needed for some desserts. I tried to drive onto the oil changing ramps I had positioned before leaving. I was wearing some slip ons and one got caught under the brake pedal preventing my use of the brake. I drove onto the ramps, off the end, through the the porch swing (it jus swung over me), down the small hill behind the house, backed up and drove through the open lot and back into the carport. I thought I had not been observed but the neighbor asked if I was OK. I was but embarrassed. I drove back up onto the ramps after repositioning them and proceeded to change the oil as planned. I really thank God for allowing this to be just a humorous incident instead of a tragedy. We ate supper and then watched TV and working on a Bible study for Thursday. We had invited the Perry's for etoufee tomorrow night. I also called and made reservations in Columbus, GA for next Monday and Tuesday. Evelyn wants to go the little White House park in Warm Springs for her birthday trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home