Monday, December 08, 2014

Double duty

I had been called earlier in the week by Llano Grande asking me to substitute for a pastor who had other obligations he couldn’t get out of.  He had been scheduled to preach there, so I agreed to replace him.  I normally go there 2 times each year and I substitute whenever they need me.  I just conduct my regular worship and then drive the 5 miles to that park.  My message was a bit longer than usual and we celebrated Holy Communion, making me late for the service.  In former years I just went to the stage via a side door, but today they waited for me to arrive.   I was 6 minutes late, making them sweat bullets.  They have been good to me and I appreciate them and feel obligated to help them.  Ironically, I am scheduled there again December 28.  We went to the local Popeye’s for lunch and then returned home for the rest of the day.  Evelyn is feeling a bit better, but I am still concerned.  She still shakes when holding anything and gets dizzy right after using the nebulizer.  I was really lazy all day.  I usually begin work on next week’s message but didn’t today. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home