Sunday, March 30, 2008

Blessed worship

Sunday was the final worship for the winter. Even so there were 33 people present. I delivered a sermon from my archives but one of my favorites. The people were extremely generous again and I thank God for them. We came home and changed clothes for our trip to Rio Hondo to meet with Don and Janice. We met them and went to Arroyo City to the Wharf restaurant. We shared the seafood botana for 4 and should have ordered it for 2 because it was too much to eat. We took a huge amount home. Don drove us around some of the many acres he farms and to some frontage property on the arroyo itself. It was fun to look at the crops. We returned to their house and shared some of Janice’s birthday pie. Her birthday was the 28th. Their son Bruce and family came to celebrate because they had overlooked the main event. We left there at 4 and drove home. I had to serve ice cream at 6 but had time to do some cleaning and packing. Don has talked me into having the bearings repacked with grease. He said if it had not been done within 2 or 3 years, it would be dangerous to try to go 1300 miles. I will ask our repair guy if he can do it tomorrow. After serving ice cream, I took a cooler to Wal-Mart to get some dry ice. I learned that the local store doesn’t sell it anymore. That made suspect that the chain had discontinued the product. I called the store in Alamo that said it sells it but didn’t have any right now. I don’t think if will be available anywhere. I asked a friend here in the park if he knew of any locations and he suggested Academy sports. I guess they might sell it to the fisherman for icing their catch. I will call tomorrow. I have a busy day and doubt we will be ready to leave Tuesday morning. We have to rely on the Lord’s leading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home