Saturday, October 04, 2008

sports tragedies

We both wakened just after 5, talked a short while, tried to go back to sleep and finally did around 6:30. I got up and showered after Evelyn dressed and lay down for a short nap. We were both up by 9. I made coffee and skipped breakfast but Evelyn didn’t. We walked to the neighbor’s yard sale but found nothing we wanted. I continued to the fairgrounds about a mile away and looked for juice glasses and a non slotted pancake turner. I found neither. I walked back and flagged down our friend, Isidro, who works at the Iron Tree Golf Course. I asked him to drive me the last 200 yards home so I could give him some cake. He was very friendly and good to me while I played at that course. He left and we finished the chicken/rice casserole for lunch. Then the disaster continued from last week: Purdue played football again. This time the lost to Penn State 20-6, but the surprise was that the defense didn’t play too badly. PSU is ranked 6th. But the offense was really bad, especially the place kicker who missed 2 field goals and an extra point. I then watered the plants and cut one side of the roots of our tomatoes to shock them into ripening faster. We will be gone before the remaining 2 or 3 ripen. We then walked around the loop 2 times and came back in. I went onto the Manheim Auction web site to look for a Chrysler Town and Country we might like to buy but didn’t find anything attractive. Darrell gave me help over the phone. I had supper but Evelyn didn’t. We can’t quite understand what she can and can’t eat. Sometimes she does well and others not so well. We watched “High Noon” together and then she watched “Chicago” a musical. I watched some football games and then the first part of the Cubs game at Los Angeles. We talked with Stacy about her family. Things are about normal at their house and school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home