Monday, September 28, 2009

square dance lessons

We wakened to a chilly morning in the 50s. It really does feel a lot like fall. We worked around the house--my running the vacuum, Evelyn mopping the floors, my checking on the 9volt batteries in the smoke alarms that chirped several times during the night. I know they are hard wired to the house but still have batteries in them. I loaded the recyclables we have and got some trash from Doris and took off for the dump. I had wanted to go on into town and to walk the lake, but it was too near lunch time. We came home for chili because we are taking the local pastor, wife and 2 infants to dinner at 5. I didn’t want to eat the meals too close together. We then walked around the lake and went on to town for batteries, to cash a small check, deliver items to the thrift shop and books to the library. We went on to the GO grocery for some staples and came home. I wanted some AAA batteries too but found none anywhere. What has the government done now? It is really tragic to think that way but government has earned the swipe. I also delivered a “letter to the editor” to the local newspaper regarding the $100 reconnect fee for those of us leaving for the winter. I suppose I will get one into the ringer over this but cest le gere! Evelyn was able to rest a short time before leaving to meet the Crumes. We were on time and had an enjoyable visit, if one can have same with 2 kids 2 and 4 years of age. I did get to explain my disappointment of our treatment by the church elders but that was all. We left there with half of each of our dinners as carry-out and picked up our items for Evelyn’s dessert for next Thursday. From there we went to the armory for the square dance lesson. It was a lot of fun and we met a couple who had just moved into the area from Tallahassee, Florida. We came home and went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home