Sunday, September 20, 2009

More rain in the mountains

It was raining again as it has for most of the past 4 days. The weather counters now say we are more than 2 inches above normal for the month and year. Evelyn appreciated the birthday card I made for her. We drove to Asheville to worship and take the preacher to lunch at Ianaccu’s restaurant for lunch. We shared a delicious lasagna and Italian sausage. We went to exchange an appliqué and came straight home expecting a call to pick up our travelers. We were home by 2:30, and Evelyn went to bed because she had not gone to sleep last night until after 3. I played on the computer creating an invitation card to be used in October. I looked out the window after 4 and noticed a car in Doris’ driveway. I called and learned that her son had brought her home. I was a bit miffed in that she hadn’t let me know so I wouldn’t have to wait for her. I could have taken a nap, but I am glad I didn’t. I went to bed earlier than I would have had I slept. The weather was too bad for Evelyn so we didn’t go to the band concert in Maggie Valley. We hardly ever miss one during the summer. We just ate leftovers and popcorn during the evening. I did drive some nails in the attic so we could have more hanging space for some wreathes, etc. There.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home