Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday--after Monday :-)

Critical addendum to Saturday: Emily called to talk. I guess the boys also talked with Evelyn. We also received some precious grandparent’s day wishes from the Beelis. They were all written in their own hand! Sunday we slept somewhat late and prepared to drive to Asheville to worship. John Greene leads the worship and he is a good friend. His wife is off to mission in El Salvador where she has helped develop an orphanage for abused little girls. Since she was gone, we invited John to go to Frankie Bones with us for lunch. He couldn’t go because he had planned to have steak with his son. Lisa doesn’t eat red meat. We enjoyed the birthday lunch at Frankie’s. They gave Evelyn two free lunches. Of course I had to buy mine. We went to get some appliqués at A. C. Moore and then returned home. We rested and watched football. Oh, I forgot: I had recorded the final half of the Purdue/Oregon football game. I watched it before church. I was very impressed with their play even though they lost. I decided to go to their homecoming game instead of Ball State’s. We had popcorn for supper again. We didn’t walk today. Evelyn has had stomach problems off and on although her staph wound is much improved. We still don’t know what caused it to develop in the first place. I must have been tired from yesterday’s golf (I walked 15 holes up and down hills) because I went to bed shortly after 9. Could I be advancing in years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home