Friday, September 18, 2009

volunteer party

We didn’t walk Wednesday. We just dressed for our tour at the hospital after I finished the dessert for tonight’s volunteer dinner. We arrived in a wonderful rain shower that we needed. We ate our lunch and went right to work. Since there is not always a huge overload of business, I take my new computer so I can use the WiFi there. We stayed until just after 3 and returned home to get our insurance cards. We drove to the health department and got flu shots. I guess there will be an H1N1 immunization shot later when the vaccine is developed. We drove back home and rested until 5:30 when we left for the Folkmoot Center. The meal was catered this year and featured the dessert bar as usual. The custom is to eat far too much which we observed. My blueberry dessert was well consumed, but we were able to bring some home. I didn’t judge it to be the best there but was a close second. There was a slide show of many of the dancers both on stage and off that was entertaining. We returned home and Evelyn put finishing touches on her study for tomorrow. We are having a dispute as to whether we should go to Fort Wayne while in Indiana. That was never in the plan and won’t be unless Evelyn makes arrangements for us to stay with some of our friends on the Saturday night after the game.
Please note: Since we established our new e-mail account, I have had much trouble publishing this blog. In fact, I may have to stop permanently when I discontinue the Juno account. Gmail won't let me use that account on my blog. It has been fun but may not be entirely over. I may forget one of the lunch menus, causing anguish among the faithful readers. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home