Saturday, September 19, 2009

Monthly weigh in and dance

We were up early to walk since we had missed yesterday. We returned home, cleaned up and went off to Weight Watchers. I thought it would be raining, preventing our walk, but it held off until we left for Waynesville. Then it poured down. Evelyn maintained the same weight she had last month, making me glad. I don't like it when she loses weight because she has stomach problems and might have something more serious wrong with her. Her leg has healed up nicely, so the Lord has taken care of that. I had cashed a check and suggested we go to McDonalds for a breakfast sandwich. We did and then stopped at a construction site to see if they had any metal rods I could use to support the box I wanted to build below our outdoor steps. They had 2 so I brought them home and used them. I dug some narrow trenches and fitted the boards into them, making a box. I put the mulch we had left into it and stopped work because I was too hot. I am not satisfied with the project and will probably redo it next week. It began to rain again so we just rested during the afternoon. We ate a late lunch so we wouldn't have to eat again before the dance. Everyone brings some snacks so many make it their evening meal as we do. I was pretty good about avoiding the desserts but ate a great many deviled eggs. We danced quite a bit and our legs didn't hurt as much as at other dances. We were home by 10:45.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home